Apparently this is about writing now!

Apparently this is about writing now!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Living Through Randomness

After only 22 years of life, I can safely say I don't know much. Or more, I know a lot, but not much of it is relevant. I can sing almost all of Jonathan Coulton's songs, but I had to use spell checker to get 'relevant' right in the last sentence. I know more pokemon names than dinosaur names. I could go on for hours about the scientific wonders of the natural world, but cannot pass a college-level biology class to save my life.

If you're looking for an insightful, educated, and highly-functioning blog, I would be happy to recommend some, but this isn't it. This blog is purely hodge-podge-- A mixture of ten thousand things that interest me with huge gaps of information between them. If you want to learn about the history of Tribal bellydance, the Chicago World's Fair, henna, novel writing, and my strange but unshakable belief that all colors at their base are purple, plus many more bizarre thoughts likely to cross my head as I update from my tiny netbook keyboard, you're in the right place.

Mainly, this blog is to for me. It is to help me maintain a grasp of what I find beautiful, and what I find important. it is to help me remember what is wonderful the next time a dark hour happens upon me and I forget how to see glory. It is to put down finalized thoughts where before only vague ideas had spouted randomly about in my psyche. It's about bad movies, great operas, wild animals, and fostering dachshunds, and other bittersweet pleasures.

So should it please you, stick around. See pictures of bees up close, and shakily-drawn henna designs. Join me on the frightening adventure of apartment-hunting with my girlfriend for the first time. Hear stories from SciFi and Anime conventions, and learn what it's like to have your self-worth lifted and restored by writing fanfiction.

Then, after we're done with that, you can tell me if it was all worth the ride.

Oh, and on a side note--I'm Lucy, and it's very nice to meet you!

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that "the ten thousand things" is a traditional Taoist expression referring to everything that exists?

    ...um, I guess that comment makes it clear where you get your somewhat eclectic approach to life.

    ReplyDelete